- A lecture on Merian for the Linnean Society by Kate Heard, senior curator of prints and drawings of the Royal Collection in London.
- A website in Spanish by Natalia Silva Prada about the work of Maria Sibylla Merian
- Maria Sibylla Merian in the collection of the Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
- The American Museum of Natural History about Maria Sibylla Merian
- Artist Joos van de Plas on her exhibition and Maria Sibylla Merian
Joos van de Plas studied at the Tilburg Art Academy and did post-graduate work at the Jan van Eyck Academy Maastricht (Netherlands). At an early age she saw the artwork of Merian at her aunt’s house in Germany, and this had a fundamental impact on her art. She has matched butterflies in Merian’s prints with their real life counterparts from the Gerning Collection at Museum Wiesbaden, and her research is the inspiration for her art.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCDEFGH[/youtube]
- Exhibition ‘Second Life’ in Museum Wiesbaden from Joos van de Plas, inspired by Maria Sibylla Merian